The rural parish of Myerscough and Bilsborrow covers an area of 1440 hectares in the north west of Lancashire, between Lancaster to the north, the Forest of Bowland to the east, Preston to the south and Blackpool to the west. It comprises the historic townships of Myerscough and Bilsborrow, the hamlet of Brock and the western fringe of Barton village.
The parish has an adult population of 1119.
Bilsborrow was County Champion in 1994, 1998 and 2000 in Lancashire's Best Kept Village Competition. Barton, Bilsborrow & Myerscough War Memorial (2002), Barton Grange Garden Centre (2011, 2012 and 2014), Bilsborrow Church (1992-1995), Guy's Cricket Ground (2005), Memorial Gardens (2000, 2001, 2004 and 2005), Olde Duncombe House (1993, 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2008) and Sunnyside Caravan Park (1994 and 2000) have all been Champion in their respective classes.
The Myerscough & Bilsborrow stretch of the Lancaster Canal extends from Green Man Bridge in the north to Hankinson House in the south. It is a County Biological Heritage Site. Canal boats may be chartered by arrangement at both Olde Duncombe House, by Bilsborrow Wharf, and Barton Grange Marina.
The River Brock runs through the parish between Ned Croft Wood in the east and Nearer Light Ash in the west.
The parish is administered by a council comprising of nine members. The clerkship is provided by Mr Roy W L Bassnett JP. The electorate is represented in Parliament by Ben Wallace MP, at County Hall by County Councillor Mrs Sandra Perkins and at Wyre Civic Centre by Borough Councillors Peter Murphy and Shaun Turner.
There are Anglican and Catholic Churches in Barton, together with an Anglican Church in Bilsborrow. Bilsborrow Church was provided by the late Miss Sarah Jane Salisbury of Myerscough Hall.